Vacancies on Boards & Commissions
When a vacancy occurs on a board or commission where the Citrus Heights City Council appoints members, the information is posted on this vacancy list within 20 days of the occurrence. Sign up for the City's Notify Me service to receive emails when vacancies occur.
Are you interested in serving your community? Citrus Heights encourages residents to become involved in their local community. You can make a difference by serving in an advisory capacity on the Planning Commission or Construction Board of Appeals. The City is accepting applications to fill terms expiring December 31, 2020.
Planning Commission - 4 Positions (2 or 4 year terms)
Planning Commissioners make land use decisions consistent with the policies and plans formally adopted by the City Council; and weight the professional input given in staff reports, environmental impact reports and consultant reports in making decisions. The Commission may also review proposed city ordinances; the annual Capital Improvement Plan; and other issues related to consistency with the General Plan. Must be a resident of the City of Citrus Heights and at least 18 years of age. Meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
Construction Board of Appeals - 3 Positions (4 year term)
The Construction Board of Appeals shall consist of five members who are qualified by experience and training to pass upon matters pertaining to building construction. Board Members hear the appeals of persons aggrieved by a decision of the City's Chief Building Official. Relative to the appeal, Board Members determine the suitability of alternate materials and methods of construction and provide reasonable interpretations of the Technical Codes. Must be a resident of the City of Citrus Heights and at least 18 years of age. Meetings are held as needed and when an appeal is filed.
How to Apply:
- Download an application (PDF), or
- Complete an online application form, or
- Pick one up at City of Citrus Heights, 6360 Fountain Square Drive, Citrus Heights.
2. Deadline. File the completed application with the City Clerk's Office by Friday, December 4, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
3. Video Interview. The application process includes a video interview. The City Clerk will notify all applicants of the time and process for conducting the virtual video interview.
4. Appointments. Applications and videos will be distributed to the City Council to make their appointments at the January 14, 2021 City Council meeting.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk's office 916-725-2448 or email the City Clerk.