Home Repair Loans & Grants
The City of Citrus Heights Housing Rehabilitation Program, using primarily Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program funds, CalHOME funds, and loan repayments is designed to correct health and safety hazards in deteriorated housing and extent the useful life of the affordable housing units.
The City of Citrus Heights Housing Rehabilitation Program is intended to:
- preserve and enhance the existing housing stock;
- further neighborhood conservation efforts; and
- provide a method of which very low-, low-, and moderate-income homeowners can improve their home.
To determine if your household is eligible see the income limit table below. These loan and grant programs offer low- and no-interest financing with generous terms. There are no application fee and all costs may be financed.
2020 Income Limits
Single Family Rehabilitation Loans
Up to $60,000 loans for essential home repairs, including, not limited to roof repair or replace, heating and cooling system repair or replace, plumbing, electrical, water damage and dry rot repairs. For owner-occupied single family homes, condominiums, and half-plexes that are separate from adjoining structures.
- 30-year deferred loan
- 3% simple annual interest rate
- Very-low income, senior (65 years old) and permanently disabled household will qualify for 0% interest loan
- Principal and accrued interest will be deferred for 30 years
- The loan becomes due upon the sale of the home, title transfer or if the home is not owner-occupied
Handicapped Accessibility Grants
Up to $5,000 grants for eligible persons 65 years old and or permanently disabled to make improvements to the accessibility and safety of the home.
- Includes ramps, grab-bars, visual alarms, and more
- For owner-occupied homes, including single-family, mobile homes, condominiums and half-plexes that are separate from adjoining structure
Critical Repair Grant
Up to $20,000 grants made to homeowners who live in a mobilehome/manufactured home for emergency health and safety repairs.
- Roofing, exterior windows, heating/cooling system, and more
Housing Repair Program Guidelines
The City of Citrus Heights Housing Rehabilitation Program, using primarily Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program funds, CalHOME funds, and loan repayments is designed to correct health and safety hazards in deteriorated housing and extend the useful life of the affordable housing units. Various financing methods are used to achieve cost-effective repairs for owner-occupied, low-income Citrus Heights residents.
Click on the link below to view the Citrus Heights Housing Repair Program Guidelines.
Citrus Heights Housing Repair Program Guidelines - Last Updated 2/16/2021