5:30 PM SPECIAL MEETING 7:00 PM REGULAR MEETING City Hall Council Chambers 6360 Fountain Square Drive, Citrus Heights, CA
PLEASE NOTE: In order to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Governor Newsom has issued Executive Orders that temporarily suspend some requirements of the Brown Act. Council Members may attend City Council meetings telephonically or otherwise electronically.
Per the July 29, 2021 Sacramento County Public Health Order, all individuals are required to wear face coverings in indoor public settings, despite vaccination status.
For those individuals accessing the meetings through Zoom who wish to make a public comment, please use the Zoom hand raise function (or *9 if you join the webinar via telephone) and the host will unmute you when it is time to speak. Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes each. Alternatively, you may submit your comment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completion of an online Speaker Card at https://www.citrusheights.net/FormCenter/City-Council-Meetings-Speaker-Card-30. Written public comments shall be limited to 250 words or less. Each comment will be read aloud by the City Clerk.
You are strongly encouraged to observe the City Council meetings on television live on Metro Cable 14, the government affairs channel on the Comcast, Consolidated Communications, and AT&T U-Verse cable systems and replayed on the following Monday at 9:00 a.m. Alternatively, members of the public can view the City Council meeting live webcast at https://www.citrusheights.net/673/Live-City-Council-Meeting-Webcasts.
If you need a disability-related modification or accommodation, to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office 916-725-2448, email@example.com, or City Hall 6360 Fountain Square Drive at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. TDD: California Relay Service 7-1-1.
1. Roll Call: Council Members: Bruins, Daniels, Schaefer, Middleton, Miller
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Significant Exposure to Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 (d)(2)
1 Potential Case
REPORT OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
3. Receive Direction Regarding Short Term Rental Regulations
CALL REGULAR MEETING TO ORDER
1. Flag Salute
2. Roll Call: Council Members: Bruins, Daniels, Schaefer, Middleton, Miller
3. Video Statement
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
4. Proclamation of the City of Citrus Heights In Recognition of Alfred Sanchez
5. Proclamation of the City of Citrus Heights Proclaiming September Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
6. SACRT Short Range Transit Plan – SACRT ON THE MOVE
COMMENTS BY COUNCIL MEMBERS AND REGIONAL BOARD UPDATES
It is recommended that all consent items be acted on simultaneously unless separate discussion and/or action are requested by a Council Member.
7. SUBJECT: Approval of Minutes
RECOMMENDATION: Approve the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of August 12, 2021
8. SUBJECT: Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) DUI/ STEP Grant
STAFF: J. Russo/ J. Baldwin
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 2021 - ___, a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Citrus Heights, Approving an Agreement, and Accepting Project Funding for Grant PT22122 – with the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) and Authorizing the City Manager (or designee) the Execute the Agreement
9. SUBJECT: Structural Engineering On-Call Services Award of Professional Services Agreements
STAFF: L. Blomquist / H. Young
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 2021-____, A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Citrus Heights, California, Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Execute Consulting Services Agreements with Mark Thomas & Company, Inc. and Dokken Engineering for On-Call Structural Engineering Services
10. SUBJECT: Arcade-Cripple Creek Trail Project ATPSB1L-5475(042)
STAFF: L. Blomquist
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 2021-____, A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Citrus Heights, California, Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Execute Amendment No. 5 to the Contract for Professional Services with GHD, Inc. for the ‘Arcade-Cripple Creek Trail Project’
11. SUBJECT: 2021 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Funding
STAFF REPORT: R. Lawrence/ A. Turcotte
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 2021-____, Resolution of the City Council of the City of Citrus Heights, California, Accepting the 2021 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Funds In Accordance with State Requirements
12. SUBJECT: Amendment to Chapter 54, Article V, Division 3 of the Citrus Heights Municipal Code Regarding Tobacco Products
STAFF REPORT: B. Soriano/ E. Dias/ K. Frey
RECOMMENDATION: Move to Introduce for a First Reading Ordinance No. 2021-_____, and Waive the Reading of the Entire Ordinance, an Ordinance of the City of Citrus Heights amending Chapter 54, Article V, Division 3 of the Citrus Heights Municipal Code Regarding the Sale of Tobacco Products
13. SUBJECT: Request to Execute a Contract with LensLock, Inc. for Body Worn Camera System
STAFF REPORT: A. Turcotte/ T. Campbell/ C. Morris
RECOMMENDATION: Adopt Resolution No. 2021 - ___, a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Citrus Heights, California Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Contract to Purchase or Lease Body Worn Camera (BWC) Systems with LensLock, Inc.
14. SUBJECT: Review and Give Direction on Proposed Resolutions to be Presented at the 2021 League of CA Cities Annual Conference
DEPARTMENT: City Clerk’s Office
CITY MANAGER ITEMS
ITEMS REQUESTED BY COUNCIL MEMBERS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS