The Economic Development Support Program provides grants or sponsorships for events, marketing, and promotions; studies to further economic development and other economic development-related activities that promote the following program goals:
- Attract new shoppers and expand trade zone
- Create or enhance a sense of place
- Improve aesthetics of the commercial area(s)
- Improve the perception and/or practice of the city as a business-friendly environment
- Increase job base
- Increase tax base
- Promote and market a specific commercial areas
- Promote and market the City of Citrus Heights
Applications are received on a first come, first served basis; must meet fund goals, and are contingent upon available funding and approval by City Council. Applicants may submit more than one application, but applicants are limited to no more than $25,000 per fiscal year (July - June).
If you are interested in submitting an application, download the provided documents:
The Economic Development Support Fund has historically been allocated $150,000 per fiscal year. However, each year is subject to City Council approval.