- 6:00 p.m. effective July 14, 2022
- The 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month
- City Council Chambers
- Citrus Heights City Hall 6360 Fountain Square Drive Citrus Heights, Ca 95621
In addition to regular meetings, the City Council can meet on an as-needed basis as follows:
- Special meetings: Meetings outside the normal schedule.
- Study sessions: Meetings with staff to discuss current issues. These meetings may be noticed as regular or special meetings; their goal is for Council to be briefed publicly upon current issues by staff, and to provide feedback. Generally, the Council does not take action on items discussed in the study session. These meetings are open to the public, which may provide public comment to the Council on the study session topic.
- Closed sessions: Meetings to address personnel, real estate or litigation matters. For reasons of confidentiality, these sessions are closed to the general public; however, members of the public may speak on the closed session item(s) and any reportable action(s) that are reported after closed session.
Agendas & Minutes
The agenda is used as an official working guide from which the Council conducts its meetings. The agenda, which is prepared by the City Clerk in consultation with the City Manager, includes current legislative, and policy issues which must be reviewed by the Council.
While items are usually placed on the agenda at the request of the Council or staff members, citizens who would like the Council to review a particular item should send a formal written request to the Mayor and City Council 6360 Fountain Square Drive, Citrus Heights, CA 95621.
The item will be reviewed to determine whether it should be handled administratively, referred to a board or commission, or added to an upcoming City Council agenda.
Agenda, staff reports, and other background material may be reviewed at City Hall commencing on the Monday before a Council meeting. Copies of the agenda are available at no charge. Agenda and minutes are also available on the City's website. You can sign up for automatic notification of agenda postings through the City's website.
The City Council is the legislative body responsible for the overall policies of the City. The Council makes all policy determinations through enactment of ordinances and resolutions at City Council meetings and has final authority in the implementation of these policies. The City Council also hears presentations and encourages expression of views and opinions by citizens on any matter of community interest that is within the Council's authority.